49’s Competition Rules
49’S HALLOWEEN 2020 COMPETITION (the “Competition”)
The Competition is governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and by entering the Competition, entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and will be bound by them. Any changes to these Terms will be posted as updates and will be made available on https://49s.co.uk/competition-terms-and-conditions/.
1. Opening Date: 00.01am on Saturday 24 October 2020 (“Opening Date”)
2. Closing Date: 11.59am on Wednesday 28 October 2020 (“Closing Date”)
3. Promoter: 49’s Limited (Company Registration No: 10641214) of Unit 2 Whitehall Avenue, Kingston, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom, MK10 0AX (“49’s, We or Us”)
WHO CAN ENTER?
4. To enter the Competition:
a) you must be aged 18 or over;
b) you must live in the UK; and
c) you and your family members must not be employees of 49’s, any other company associated with the Competition or their respective associated companies or agents. Your family members include your partner and any of your children.
HOW TO ENTER
5. You can enter the Competition via Twitter (@Bet49s); Instagram (@Bet49s) and/or Facebook (www.facebook.com/Bet49s). To enter the Competition, you must do the following between the Opening Date and Closing Date:
a) ‘like’/follow the respective page,
b) ‘like’ the Competition post; and
c) leave a comment in the comments section beneath Competition post, answering the question posted by 49’s on the Competition post and tagging one (1) person.
6. By entering this Competition, you understand and agree that:
a) all information provided by you in connection with this Competition is provided to 49’s directly and not to Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter;
b) this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter; and
c) Neither Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter shall have any responsibility or liability to you in respect of the Competition.
7. One (1) entry per person per platform.
PRIZES AND WINNER SELECTION
8. There will be one (1) winner of the Competition (the “Winner”).
9. The Winner will receive a £100 Amazon voucher (the “Prize”). Further voucher details and voucher terms (which apply) can be found on amazon.co.uk.
10. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not consist of anything other than expressly set out above and no additional costs are included.
11. The Winner of the Competition will be the first Entry selected randomly by 49’s from all valid Entries received between the Opening Date and Closing Date.
12. The Winner will be selected on or before Saturday 3 October 2020 and 49’s will notify the Winner on or before Saturday 3 October 2020 by Instagram, Facebook or Twitter direct message that they have been successful.
13. The Prize will be dispatched within 30 days of the Winner confirming their delivery details to 49’s and 49’s receiving any confirmation it deems fit in accordance with these Terms.
14. Prizes can only be sent to a UK address so if a Winner has moved somewhere outside the UK after entering the Competition, their Entry will not be valid.
15. 49’s reserves the right to choose an alternate Winner if:
a) a Winner does not comply with these Terms or Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter's rules or 49’s has reasonable grounds for believing that a Winner has broken a rule contained in these Terms; or
b) a Winner does not (i) agree to these Terms or Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter's rules; (ii) want to receive the Prize; or (iii) give any consent as may be requested by 49’s within 24 hours; or
c) 49’s cannot contact a Winner or a Winner does not respond to any requests from 49’s for information (e.g. confirmation of their address) within 24 hours of such request.
16. Subject to obtaining the Winner’s permission, the Promoter may use the Winner’s details for publicity or promotional activities, which may include (by way of example only) the Promoter’s presenters reading out the winning entry and the Winner’s name during live 49’s draws.
17. 49’s reserves the right to cancel this Competition at any stage prior to the Opening Date or to shorten the time for entering the Competition on notice, if 49’s thinks it is unavoidable, or if circumstances arise which are out of 49’s’s control. If the time for entering the Competition is cut short, winners shall be selected in accordance with these Terms from all eligible Entries received prior to such termination date.
18. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be valid. 49’s is not responsible if your Entry gets lost, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, damaged or if you have technical problems trying to enter the Competition.
19. Please take care when entering the Competition to ensure that you provide your correct contact details. Any Entries which are incomplete and/or can’t be read clearly will not be valid and won’t be entered into the Competition.
20. 49’s shall at its sole discretion determine whether an Entry is valid, based on the entry requirements set out in these Terms. Each valid entry will be entered into the Competition. Any Entries sent in by post will not be returned.
21. Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that 49’s believes have (a) been made via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified.
22. The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond 49’s’s control 49’s is unable to provide any stated Prize or any part of it, 49’s reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. All Prizes may be subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
23. The winner of the Prize shall be responsible for any applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the Prize description.
24. 49’s will not be liable for any loss or damage however it was caused (including without limitation in contract, tort or statutory duty) in connection with the Competition and/or Prize, other than death or personal injury caused by 49’s’s (and/or its employees’) negligence.
26. If you would like to know who won this Competition, please send a stamped addressed envelope to 49’s at the above address marked “49’s Halloween 2020 Competition” within 60 days of the Closing Date and we will send you a list of the Winner’s first name and home county.
27. These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and if there are any disputes the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction.